Made with love, please

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Words by Holly



Fast fashion is bringing me down. 

Don’t get me wrong; I like a bargain as much as the next girl… but since when did affordability translate to homogeneity? 

I’m not enjoying the glut of fraying hems and copycat designs on display in today’s department stores (here’s looking at you, Zara), or the way most people look like they own the same wardrobe. I want to buy clothes that I know has been made with love, not the sweat and tears of an underpaid factory worker in Bangladesh. Vivienne Westwood, the queen of punk, has issued us all the decree “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” Hear ye, hear ye. Let’s start investing in pieces we’ll still be wearing in ten years time. 

Yes, fashion is about whimsy and fun, and occasionally making regrettable online purchases late at night, but hey… let’s slow it down a tad. A little love and personal style goes a long way.

This piece was written by our contributing writer Holly, see more of her work here.

with love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© THE AFFAIR All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger